About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

HEIRLOOM TOMATO FRITTERS

Oh Baby Baby!!! I just start thinking about these tasty nibblets and my mouth begins to water....get you some. Make you kiss your granny twice.


10 to 12 small heirloom tomatoes (green or ripe), cubed into bite-size
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or onion flakes (optional)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
1 Tablespoon crumbled crisp bacon
1/3 cup butter


Mix everything together then take heaping tablespoons full of mixture and shape with hands into rounds about 1/2 inch thickness. Place into preheated non-stick coated skillet. Cook until golden brown, turning only once.
Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment