About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

SOUTHWESTERN CORN MUFFINS

This is a very good recipe for corn muffins. Make a batch then freeze them individually and place them in a Zip-lock freezer bag. Take out what you need when you have made a yummy homemade soup.

1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons dieced jalapeno pepper
1 (11oz.) can yellow corn with red and green peppers, drained
1 cup self-rising yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sugar or Splenda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups nonfat buttermilk
1 large egg, lightly beaten

Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and jalapeno, saute 3 to 5 minutes until onion is tender. Add to corn, cornmeal and remaining ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into 12 lightly greased muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes until done.
Yield: 1 dozen muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment