About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

CROCKPOT CORN CHOWDER



The crockpot is a wonderful invention and my favorite piece of kitchen equipment. Just dump everything in, turn it on, leave it alone. This corn chowder is highly delicious and easy to put together. Have a loaf of crusty bread waiting on the sidelines.

6 slices bacon


2 pkgs. frozen corn (10 oz. each)

1 can cream style corn (16 oz.)

1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

2 c. water

1/2 c. onion, chopped

2 c. potatoes, diced

1 tbsp. sugar

1 tbsp. seasoned salt

1 can chicken broth (16 oz.)

1 c. milk

1/4 c. butter

In skillet, fry bacon until crisp, remove and reserve. Add onion and potatoes to bacon drippings, saute for 5 minutes. Combine everything in Crockery Pot except butter and milk. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours. Pour 1/2 of the mixture into blender and puree until almost smooth. Return to Crock Pot with milk and butter. Cover and cook on high one hour more. 6 to 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment