About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE

I have always believed in the barter system and when my husband came in today with some beautiful flats of flowers for my gardens and requested a Chocolate Pudding Cake in return, I happily obliged.
1 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa-divided
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cup very hot tap water
In ungreased 9x9 pan or baking dish, mix flour, sugar and cocoa with a fork. Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Spread smoothly in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa. Pour hot water over batter. do not stir. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream.
Serves 8

"Where we love is home...home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts...

No comments:

Post a Comment