About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

CHOCOLATE~COVERED PRETZELS

I simply adore a chocolate covered pretzel....here is an easy recipe for you to try your hand at. These make very nice gifts when placed in plastic baggies with a pretty colored ribbon.

1 (5.75-oz.) pkg. milk chocolate morsels
2 tablespoons shortening
24 (3-inch) pretzels

Combine chocolate morsels and shortening in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Remove double boiler from heat, leaving chocolate mixture over hot water.
Dip each pretzel in chocolate; allow excess to drain. Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheets; chill until firm. Arrange pretzels between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container; store in a cool place.
Yield: 2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment