About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

PEACH POUND CAKE

Pound cake always hits my 'spot' no matter the flavor but here is one that takes the 'Blue Ribbon'! It is moist and flavorful and always comes out just right from the oven with the wonderful smells of peaches, almond, and vanilla flavorings permeating every nook and cranny of the house. I was fortunate enough when I made this cake yesterday to have sweet white peaches, and let me just say, I think it is the best pound cake ever. You know how certain pound cakes come out crusty on the top with a layer of moistness just underneath...oh yes, that is what this ol' country girl is talking about.

2 sticks butter (the real thing), softened
3 cups sugar
6 big eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup mashed peaches
1 teaspoon each of almond and vanilla extracts

Cream butter in stand mixer; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.

Combine sour cream and peaches. Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with peach mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Mix just until blended after each addition. Stir in flavorings.

Pour batter into a Bundt-pan which has been greased with shortening and floured. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until done. Cool in pan 15 minutes, then turn out onto plate. Cool for a little while anyway before getting into it. Excellent with a tall glass of organic milk.

Yield: 1 large pound cake

“The desserts we serve are all fresh homemade. We have homemade cobblers, lemon, coconut and pecan pies and pound cake.”~Donna Davis

1 comment:

  1. I am going to replace canned mangoes for the peaches. Do you think that will work? I want to make this, but I don't want to go the store......I don't have peaches.

    ReplyDelete