About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

AVOCADO-TOMATILLO RELISH (From Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Cookbook)

This bright relish melds cool, creamy avocados with tart, acidic tomatillos for an altogether fresh, green topping or dip.

3 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
3 tomatillos, husked, scrubbed, and diced
Juice of 2 limes
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon honey
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Stir together the avocados, tomatillos, lime juice, oil, honey, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Fold in the green onions and cilantro until combined. This can be made up to 30 minutes in advance and refrigerated.

Makes about 4 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment