About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

APPLE DUMPLINGS

These are so easy to make and a pleasure to sink your taste buds into.

2 cooking apples, peeled
1 cup sugar
2 (8oz.) pkg. crescent rolls (round ones)
1/2 cup Mountain Dew (not the 'good ol' mtn dew dew dew)
1/3 cup melted butter
cinnamon to taste

Cut apples to make 8 pieces. Put 1 piece in each section of crescent roll and roll apple up in it. Place in greased 9X12 baking dish. Mix butter and sugar and spread over dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew in pan around dumplings (do not pour over them). Do not stir. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Serves 8

2 comments: