About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

TACO PIE by Deliah Johnson (Mrs. Glenn Johnson) of Newland, NC

While pilfering through the basket of cookbooks that my dear cousin and friend, Martha Jo Hicks gave me yesterday, I found one entitled "Country Classics Special Delivery" from the North Carolina Rural Letter Carrier Auxiliary. I was flipping through it and the name of a local town caught my eye and lo and behold the recipe had been submitted by Deliah Johnson (Mrs. Glenn Johnson) of Newland, NC where I was raised. Here is her version of a Taco Pie that will be resting on my counter later sometime today. It's a small world 'they' say.....

1 pkg. hotroll mix or crescent dinner rolls
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 chopped onion
1 pkg. taco seasoning
2/3 cup water
4 to 8 oz. sour cream
1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
crushed corn chips

Brown meat and onion; drain excess fat. Add taco seasoning and water. Spread meat mixture over dough. Spread sour cream over meat. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and then add chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

COOKS NOTE: Top this off with FORBES SUMMER SALSA and you will be so glad you did! Thanks Deliah for this wonderful recipe and thank you Glenn for being such a thoughtful and special letter carrier for so many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment