About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

BLUEBERRY-APPLE JAM

When winter winds howl, bring out a jar of this jam at breakfast....very nice with pancakes and waffles.

6 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 cups blueberries (2 pints)
3 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped (1 lb.)

Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in a heavy pot. Heat to boiling. Stir in blueberries and apple. Cook, stirring constantly, until jam tests for set, about 15 minutes. Seal in hot sterilized jars.

Yield: 8 8-oz. jars

"There was a young man of Calcutta Who had a most terrible stutter. He said, "Pass the ham, And the j...j...j...jam, And the b...b...b...b...b...b....butter."~Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment