About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

THAI TURKEY LETTUCE WRAPS with DIPPING SAUCE

Thai food flips my trigger! The tastes, the smells, the visual aspects.....all of these rolled into one makes me a very happy camper. One of my best friends has a new girlfriend and she is part American, part Thai. When he told me this and that she cooked the best spring rolls like EVER, I was down on my knees begging him to sign me up for that class. No other food does this for me the way that Thai food does. I can simply just see a picture of it and my taste buds immediately awaken.
1 lb. ground turkey
1 lg green onion or 3 small green onions, chopped
1 apple, chopped-I used a Golden Delicious simply because that was what I had-use what you like
1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (I love this stuff)
1 tablespoon freshly ground ginger-I buy this in the jars already ground in the grocery store
1 to 2 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil ( I simply adore this oil)
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 hydroponic head of leafy butter lettuce, washed and individual leaves dried
In large nonstick saute pan, brown the meat over medium heat, breaking up the pieces with a wooden spoon as you go. When it is browned and in small crumbles pour it into a colander and drain all of the fat off. Return to the pan and add onions, apple, red bell pepper, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, water, sesame oil and garlic. Cook until the onions and red pepper softens. Set aside and keep warm. (I just sat it on the back of the stove and covered it with a lid.)
DIPPING SAUCE:
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon agave syrup or sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
Combine all the sauce ingredients, stirring with a spoon.

Assembly: Spoon 1/4 cup of the filling onto each lettuce leaf. Use a small kitchen spoon to dip the sauce over the filling. Enjoy.
From a Weight Watchers standpoint, 16 servings = 2 point + each


2 comments:

  1. I do enjoy Thai and this looks outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Adam.....it is (was) delicious! Appreciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete