About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

BROCCOLI & CHEESE SOUP~4 WW Points+

I have lost 4 lbs. in 6 days following Weight Watchers Points + system. I am faithfully keeping a journal, logging in every morsel of food that has entered my mouth. It is working. I am also lifting weights, doing set-ups and push-ups, leg lifts and walking the dogs each day. It is a journey that I do not intend to fail at. By the time that I get back to work this Spring, I will be well on my way to a new me. A stronger more confident me.
1 (24 oz.) pkg. frozen broccoli with 3 cheese sauce
3/4 cup low-fat chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1  (12 oz.) can evaporated fat-free milk
1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Combine broccoli, broth, pepper and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and cheese is melted. Place half of the mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid to allow steam to escape, place lid on blender. Place a towel over opening in blender lid, blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Repeat with remaining mixture. Ladle into bowls, top with cheese.

5 servings-1 cup soup-1 Tbsp. cheese-4 Points +


2 comments:

  1. All 'points' aside, this looks like an easy and delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adam, thanks for stopping by you are to sweet!

    ReplyDelete