About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2013

SUNDROP POUND CAKE

My husband absolutely adores a pound cake. So every so often I like to greet him with one when he comes in from a hard day of working out in the cold. Being that today is National Pound Cake day I thought this would be the perfect time to present him with one. And what did he do...absolutely nothing. Didn't look at it, didn't ask what it was, not even a little sniff of it. Fine! Didn't smell the Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy baby back ribs swimming in the crock-pot either. Do I look like I care?????????????????????????????????
So maybe you yourself will appreciate it. 
Here's the recipe.....
3 sticks butter
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups sifted cake flour
1/3 cup Sundrop
2 tablespoons pure lemon extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour pan. Combine butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Slowly add flour, but try to not over beat it. Add the Sundrop and lemon extract. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes. Do not be tempted to open the oven door. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a serving dish. Allow it to cool completely then drizzle with a glaze made from powdered sugar, fresh lemon juice and Sundrop. You want it to be just of pourable consistency. Share it with someone who appreciates it!
"If you want peace in the house, do what your wife wants."~African Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment