About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

CIABATTA BUTTER PECAN FRENCH TOAST

In my humble opinion, Ciabatta bread is the only bread to use when you're making French toast. It is an Italian bread made with olive oil that has a chewy texture. 
Note the holes in the bread. This allows for better absorption of the French toast batter.
I do not per-say have a written recipe, but just beat together about 1 1/2 cups of 2% Horizon Organic milk with 1 fresh egg, a teaspoon or so of butter pecan flavoring and either 4 packs of Splenda or 1 tablespoon agave syrup.
Next, heat up a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. When hot add a couple of tablespoons of Brummel & Brown Yogurt Spread. Allow it to melt, swirl it around in the pan and then add your well-soaked bread slices to the pan.
Flip each piece over when they have turned a nice golden brown on the bottom and allow to cook until nicely browned on the other side. That's all there is to it. Serve with a quality thick bacon and fresh scrambled eggs on the side with a drizzle or more of the Pure Maple Syrup from Vermont. (Thank You Patty Horsford!)


No comments:

Post a Comment