About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

BANANARAMA WAFER PUDDING

Just thinking about a Banana Pudding makes my tongue slide out of my mouth and lick my lips...my maternal Grandmother, Mama Joe, made the best banana puddings this side of culinary heaven. Hers was  in the form of a homemade boiled custard type pudding which she always made on a Saturday and when she had finished putting it all together it got 'put away' in the 'modern' refrigerator in the dining room until dessert time on Sunday. As a young child I would sneak peaks at it in the fridge when nobody else was around and I dang near grieved my fool self to death waiting for that 24 hours to pass until I could have my own bowl full.
These days I have to think about my health and my waistline so I lean more towards a Weight Watchers view of things. What that means is that I make a No-Fat version of the dish  which in no way measures up in my mind to my Mama Joes 'knock-your-socks-off' masterpiece. But hey...it is still mighty good when it's rolling across my taste buds. So my best advice for you is not to knock it until you have tried it.

2 cups fat-free milk
1 small (4 oz.) pkg. Jell-O Sugar-Free Instant Vanilla Pudding
30 Reduced-Fat Nilla wafers
3 small bananas or 2 large ones, sliced
Cool Whip Free or Fat-Free

Combine milk with pudding mix in bowl. Beat with a whisk for 2 minutes. In an 8X8 baking dish layer half of the wafers and then top with a layer of banana slices. Pour half of the prepared pudding over allowing it to sink down in among the wafers and bananas. Repeat by making another layer of wafers, bananas and the remainder of the pudding. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours. Place a dollop of Cool Whip on each serving.
Weight Watchers 1/2 cup serving = 3 Points

"I never met a banana pudding that I didn't like."~Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment