About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2013

THE BEST COWBOY CANDY TACO SOUP ON THE PLANET

Kudo's to my gal pal Bev Staring for sharing a jar of her Cowboy Candy (sweet pickled jalapeno pepper slices) with me yesterday. I had previously made a pot of my taco soup the day before and garnished my bowl full with a simple dollop of sour cream and grated sharp cheddar. It was totally delicious on its own but when I added the Cowboy Candy to it for my lunch today, just let me say that my head is in a sweat and my taste buds are doing flip flops all across my tongue. Literally!
1 lb. ground round
1 packet taco seasoning
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
1/2 each of a red and yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 can chili beans, undrained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn kernels, undrained
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup salsa (I used my homemade)
8 oz. tomato sauce
Brown the ground round, add onions and cook, stirring, until onions become translucent. Add all remaining ingredients and then let it simmer for 30 minutes, being sure to stir occasionally. If it's to thick add some water, but you don't want it to soupy. 
To Serve: Ladle into a pretty bowl and slap a dollop of sour cream in the middle and top with the Cowboy Candy and shredded sharp cheddar. 

Here is a link to the COWBOY CANDY: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/canning/candied-jalapenos-cowboy-candy/

"When they lay me down to rest put my spurs and rope upon my chest get my friends to carry me and then go turn my horses free."~Epitaph for a Cowboy

No comments:

Post a Comment