About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE SQUARES~LOW CARB

Strawberries are a girls best friend. 9 out of 10 times I will go for the strawberries over any other fruit. God could have built a better berry but alas he did not...not in my eyes anyway. They are low calorie, low-carb, and absolutely brimming with vitamins and minerals. What's not to love about a succulent strawberry....that's not a question!
I follow a low-carb lifestyle diet, or try to anyway. This recipe just happens to be one of my very favorite desserts. It's ultra creamy and bejeweled with ruby red strawberries. Makes my mouth water just typing this.
2 teaspoons sugar-free strawberry Jell-O
1/3 cup boiling water
1/4 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
8 oz. softened cream cheese
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup Splenda 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Spray an 8X11-inch dish with cooking spray, set aside. In small bowl dissolve Jell-O in boiling water until dissolved. Stir in cold water, refrigerate until syrupy. (This takes about 12 minutes or so.) Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add cream, sweeteners and extract and beat until thick and smooth. Spread evenly into prepared pan, refrigerate until Jell-O is ready. When ready, place sliced strawberries over cream cheese layer in a pretty fashion. Carefully pour Jell-O over berries. Chill until set. Cut into 8 equal squares. Serves 8 with only 3 grams carbs per serving!
On the subject of strawberries: "Upon the nipples of Julia's breast, have ye beheld (with much delight) a red rose peeping through a white? Or else a cherry (double graced) within a lily?  Center placed? Or ever marked the pretty beam a strawberry shows half drowned in cream."~Robert Herrick 

No comments:

Post a Comment