About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

MELT IN YOUR MOUTH BUTTERMILK CHOCOLATE COOKIES

Sometimes I just cannot stop myself, Lord I wish I could because when I get in the notion to make something sweet and delicious the idea nags at me like a toothache until I give in to the little red devil who is sitting on my shoulder with his fire poker in his hand. 
So I just go on and dive in to the sweet temptation of rich fudgey  (well the little devil is trying to explain to me that 'fudgey' is not a word.) Do I look like I care? I know what fudgey is. 
Fudgey is:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon each of baking soda and salt
1 stick of real butter (get off of my shoulder devil!)
3/4 cup cocoa powder (the best you can afford to buy)
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (that there devil done went and set that bottle of vanilla on his shoulder)
2/3 cup full fat buttermilk 
2 cups Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate All Natural Premium Baking Chips (even that devil is smiling now)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line about 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. This step means NO CLEAN UP. Whisk together the all-purpose flour with the baking soda and salt. Melt the butter in the microwave or on top of the stove. (You would use a pot for that you old devil.) Immediately mix in the cocoa powder until completely and utterly smooth. Whisk in the sugar, vanilla and that good ol' buttermilk. Slowly stir in the flour mixture until just nicely combined. Add those luscious chocolate chips. Place 1-inch balls of dough 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for no more than 11 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for only a few minutes then remove to a kitchen towel to cool. (But that ol' devil is going to try and tempt you into eating them while they are still nice and warm and gooey).

"In the cookies of life, sister's are the chocolate chips."~Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment