About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

HOMEMADE MUSTARD

I simply adore mustard of any kind! Homemade mustard rings my bell though...loud and clear. This marvelously pungent version is a snappy addition to any variety of foods such as sandwiches, hot dogs, chicken, pretzels...you name it, I like mustard on it. French fries, steak, corn dogs...you have the idea now. Be sure and try this recipe if you are a mustard lover too. You will be so glad that you did.
2 (2 oz. cans) dry mustard
1 cup apple cider vinegar
3 eggs
1 cup sugar

Soak the mustard in the vinegar in a bowl for 6 hours or longer. Mix the eggs and sugar in a double boiler. Add the mustard mixture and mix well. Cook over boiling water until the mixture is of a spreadable consistency. Pour into hot sterilized small jars. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.
Yield: 6 small jars

 The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: / Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.”~Blibical


No comments:

Post a Comment