About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

DELICIOUSLY DECADENT LOBSTER ARTICHOKE DIP

What is not to love about the deliriously perfect pairing of artichoke and lobster? File this wonderful recipe away for that 'rainy day'.
16oz. cream cheese~softened
2 cups mayonnaise
12oz. frozen canned lobster-thawed & drained
1 (14oz) can artichoke hearts-drained & chopped
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
2/3 cup chopped sweet onion

Blend the cream cheese and mayonnaise in large bowl until smooth. Shred the lobster with your fingers, discarding any cartilage. Add the lobster, artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese and onion to the mayonnaise mixture, mixing well. Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish, bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Serve with crackers and fresh veggies.
Yield: 14 to 16 servings

COOKS NOTE: You may substitute 12oz. imitation crab meat or canned crab meat, drained, for the frozen canned lobster. While frozen lobster is expensive, it really makes this dish outstanding.

"I never met a lobster I didn't love!"~Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment