About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WHO IS A FOODIE?

A person such as myself that lives, sleeps, eats food...talks food, writes food, cooks food, dreams of food...reads cookery books like other people read novels...I smell of garlic, basil, cumin, rosemary, lemon thyme and allow these smells to drift through my senses and my mind in a deep sensual penetration of ecstasy, that's right, I feel no need to hide my excitement in front of the gourmet food counters in the grocery stores...I lust heartily over the Summer Bean Salad and the huge twice-stuffed potatoes gleaming with melted cheese and bacon....oh my....I fondle the golden ears of sweet corn and rub the tender leaves of cilantro through my fingers and smell of the apples and envision my grandmothers apple cobbler smelling of cinnamon and love in the old wood stove...Just the mere sight of fresh pink salmon makes me blush, a pot of simmering soup with fresh Italian parsley sprinkled across the top makes me smile...my palate is one huge experienced, palpitating, rapacious, sensation!!! I discover, embrace, explore new foods with the enthusiasm of an astronaut......I Am A Foodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment