About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

SOUTH OF THE BORDER HOT SAUCE

Serve this classic Mexican hot sauce with corn chips or tostados. It is also delicious with cooked fish. Garnish with avocados and jicama.

1 (15oz.) can stewed tomatoes
1/2 of a 4-oz. can mild jalapenos
2 fresh green chile or serrano peppers
1/4 of a sweet white onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and give a whirl until blended.
Serves 8 

COOKS NOTE: Mix this sauce with sour cream to create a dip that has a smoother, cooler, and milder taste.

"Cooking is not simply in the tongue, in the palate. It is in the whole body flowing out of the groin and chest through arms and hands."~Edward Espe Brown

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I love that it has fresh cilantro in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. salsa is not ah inspiring to me unless it has fresh cilantro in it...

    ReplyDelete