About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

GRILLED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM SANDWICH

Memorial Day weekend requires the use of the grill and this recipe will be fabulously accommodating to the 'thrill of the grill". This sandwich will literally melt in your mouth!

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
1 (6oz.) portobello mushroom cap
2 slices Swiss cheese
1 kaiser roll-split
mayonnaise
1 slice red onion
2 slices fresh tomato
lettuce leaves
salt & pepper

Combine the olive oil, garlic and basil in a bowl, mixing well. Brush both sides of the portobello with the olive oil mixture. Place on grill rack on preheated grill. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once. Top with the Swiss cheese and continue grilling until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
Grill both sides of the roll then spread the mayonnaise over each grilled side. Place portobello on 1 side of bread, top with onion, tomato and lettuce; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with remaining half of roll. Serve with vegetable chips. 1 sandwich

"I never met a portobello mushroom that I didn't like!"~Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment