About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BREAKFAST APPLE TREAT

Cook this dish all night in your crock pot and awaken to a house filled with the fragrance of cooked apples and cinnamon.

6 to 8 Granny Smith apples-peeled, cored and cut in 1/2-inch slices
2 cups old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup white sugar or Splenda
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp. butter
Lightly grease the inside of crock pot and place apples in the bottom. Sprinkle with oats, sugar, and cinnamon. Dot with butter. Turn pot setting to Low and cook all night.
Serves 6 to 8.

ALTERNATE METHOD: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix apple slices in a large bowl with the oats, sugar and cinnamon. Pour into a greased baking dish and dot with butter. Bake for 25 minutes or until apples are tender.

“You have to eat oatmeal or you'll dry up. Anybody knows that.”~Kay Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment