About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

ALL-DAY MACARONI & CHEESE

The slow-cooker in my opinion is one of the handiest gadgets you can have in your kitchen. All you have to do is put your ingredients in it, place the lid on top and then forget about it until its time to eat.
This is one of our favorite macs and cheese recipes. It gets crusty and browned around the outside of the crock and creamy and yummy on the inside. All ages love it.
                                                             
8oz. dried elbow macaroni-cooked
16oz. (4 cups) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 (12oz.) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add macaroni. Reserve 1 cup of the cheese. Add remaining ingredients to macaroni. Mix well. Sprinkle the reserved cup of cheese over the top. Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or until golden around the edges and set.

COOKS NOTE: I use my medium-size slow cooker for this recipe.

"We're not building a rocket ship here, we're cooking-plain and simple."-Emeril Lagasse

No comments:

Post a Comment