About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

GOLDEN CAKE-LIKE CRUST CHICKEN PIE

Do you love chicken pot pie? If so, then this recipe is a must try. Just trust me! It's simple...yet divine. 
In a Pam sprayed 9X12-inch baking dish (or similar size) place 2 1/2 cups of cooked, chopped chicken. 
Whisk together 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 1/2 cups chicken stock and 2 Tbsp. cornstarch and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese until nice and smooth. 
 Over top of the chicken place 1 1/2 cups of frozen thawed peas and carrots. Top this with the soup mixture.
Now whisk together 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour with 1 stick melted butter and 1 cup buttermilk; place batter evenly over the top of the pie.
Take note now of how ultra creamy the batter is. Uh-la-la..
Now place the pie in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the crust is a nice golden brown.
"I never met a Chicken Pot Pie that I didn't like....but this one....I love."~Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment