About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2011

ADELE'S DECADENTLY DELICIOUS ALMOND COOKIES

How can I possibly explain how wonderfully delicious these cookies are without you having taken just one bite? Impossible maybe, but I'll try, try, try. 
Butter, sugar, powdered sugar, oil, eggs, almond extract, flour, whole wheat flour, almonds, almond brickle chips....more sugar. There now, did that help?
2 sticks butter~softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 big eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 cups coarsely chopped almonds
1 (6 oz.) package almond brickle chips
Sugar
 Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy, gradually add 1 cup sugar and powdered sugar, beating well. Add oil, eggs, and almond extract; beat well.
Combine flours, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in almonds and almond brickle chips. 
Shape cookie dough into 3-inch balls; roll in additional sugar. Place 5-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten cookies in a criss-cross pattern with a fork dipped in sugar. Baked at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and let cool completely.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen


"I guarantee you that these cookies will literally melt in your mouth!"~Adele Forbes

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my...these DO sound delicious! What pretty, delicate cookies and I love crispy delicate cookies! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Ann, it is a wonderful recipe...one of a kind. This is the first time I have ever shared it. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete