About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

BLACK WALNUT CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE

Relish in the pure pleasure of chocolate and black walnuts in this irresistible pound cake. A slice of heaven in every bite.

2 sticks softened butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon each of baking powder and salt
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sweet milk
1 teaspoon black walnut flavoring
1 square unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/2 cup chopped black walnuts

Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Cream well the butter, shortening, and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa together three times. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, starting with flour mixture. Add flavoring and chocolate. Fold in nuts. Bake in well greased tube pan for 1 hour and 55 minutes. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DURING BAKING. It's the law. Frost with chocolate icing if you like, or leave it plain.

"I never met a pound cake I didn't like."~Adele Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment