About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

WONTON PIZZA BITES

My husband is tall and thin and can eat anything he wants. Myself, I have to watch everything I put in my mouth. Last night I had made the LEMONY PASTA SALAD that I posted in my blog yesterday, and I needed something to go with that, so I looked through my recipe books and found these crispy little pizzas that sounded super easy and carried a bonus of containing only 4 ingredients.
12 wonton wrappers
cooking spray
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
12 slices of pepperoni
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place wontons on baking sheet, do not allow them to touch, and spray each one with more cooking spray. Combine the cheese and seasoning and top each wonton with equal amounts of the cheese. Put a slice of pepperoni on top of each one. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese is golden and the wontons are crispy. If you really want to wake up your taste buds shake some Frank's Red Hot Sauce over your wonton....that should flip your trigger!

" I love these and I could eat them every single night."~My husband...Larry Forbes

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a simple party snack, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple is the 'key' word....and divine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! I cannot wait to try it for one of our monthly game night - it is sure to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why, oh why did I have to visit your blog at this very moment — and see these wonderful little bites of goodness? I'm so hungry and you made it worse! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, I appreciate you stopping by....my husband could eat his weight in these, and they are so simple to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adam, so happy to see you here. Your writing is brilliant to me, your love letter to your wife and the 'Meatloaf' post both just made me smile out loud. Thank you so very much for stopping by. Be sure and check out my Halibut Taco recipe....a good friend goes to Alaska every year and brings of back these wonderful halibut filets and I just made this recipe up by using what I had in the fridge. Ourselves and everyone else loves them!

    ReplyDelete