About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WHITE PEACH POUND CAKE

I love summertime....and one of my favorite things about it is the abundance of fresh fruits and produce available at the local farmer's markets. I love to move and groove through the  isles, searching for the ripest melons, the freshest cucumbers, the reddest tomatoes....and my own personal favorite fresh market item....white peaches.

 WHITE PEACHES MAKE ME DROOL! 
I buy them by the basket full and turn out such tasty treats as White Peach Cobblers, Peaches & Cream Pies, Homemade White Peach Ice Cream, White Peach Freezer Jam and Grilled White Peaches that show their stuff on a lovely salad. 
And besides just eating one every morning in my Raisin Bran, my most favorite way to enjoy the voluptuous white peach is in a stately pound cake. All heads begin to swoon and eyes have been known to roll around in heads at the sight and smell of this mouth watering cake. My best advice for you today is to head to your local Farmer's Market and search for the lovely white peaches and try out this wonderful recipe. I promise you from the bottom of my peach pickin' heart that you will be so peachy glad that you did.
And now for the recipe:

2 sticks real butter...no nasty margarine for this cake..trust me
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup mashed white peaches
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract

Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, after each addition.
Combine flour, soda, salt. Combine sour cream and peaches. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with peach mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until blended after each addition. Stir in flavorings.
Pour batter into a Crisco greased and flour coated Bundt or tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes; remove from pan and allow to cool completely.

Yield: 1 big beautiful pound cake...Enjoy!
"I never met a White Peach Pound Cake that I didn't like!"~Adele Forbes


No comments:

Post a Comment