About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOE'S

For many years, particularly when our children where still at home we ate Sloppy Joe's from the Manwich can. It is was quick, relatively cheap and easy...today I tend to steer away from to many canned goods and take the 'homemade' approach. The result being far more flavorful and satisfying, while still being quick and easy.
1 lb. ground chuck
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
Brown ground chuck and onion in a large nonstick skillet until meat crumbles, drain. Stir in ketchup and remaining ingredients, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Serve with toasted bread or buns, coleslaw and Honey Baked Onions....you'll be so very very glad that you did!



































No comments:

Post a Comment