About Me

My photo
I am a simple country girl who loves life and lives it to the fullest. I cook for one of the greatest families ever. Cooking is my passion and I consider it as well to be my gift.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2009

HONEY BAKED ONIONS

Try these sweetly addictive onions with your New Years day pork.

1/2 stick butter
1/3 cup honey
1/2 tsp. salt
6 large sweet onions, sliced
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
4 shakes hot sauce

Heat butter in small saucepan. Add honey and salt. Layer onions in baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice. Shake on hot sauce. Pour honey mixture over onions. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.

"Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right."~Oprah Winfrey

COOKS NOTE:  The last two pictures feature Honey Baked Onions over Honey /Baked Onions & being stirred into sauteed cabbage.......divine deliciousness....

No comments:

Post a Comment